FDX is an advanced blood chemistry blood testing and health reporting system that can only be ordered via a registered health practitioner.
FunctionalDX does not sell directly to the public. You will need to ask your health practitioner to register with us directly.
This is a matter between you and your practitioner, please contact them for details
You can have your blood sample drawn at any location you choose but there is one requirement and the centre must have a centrifuge. This is a device used to spin the blood sample
As our panels require centrifuging please ensure that wherever you draw blood that they will follow the instructions and centrifuge the blood.
We have a list of blood draw sites here. We are increasing this list all the time.
While we endeavour to find suitable locations for our customers, we base the list on customer feedback.
Please note that FunctionalDX has no relationship with any of the suggested blood draw providers and has no control over the service quality and we do not take any responsibility for any loss consequential or otherwise, damage, or injury.
- The instructions are supplied in the kit box as well as on the confirmation email
- They are available here
- These include the following
- We recommend a fasting test (12 hours)
- Water must be drunk, or results will be skewed, fasting does NOT mean no water
- No supplements unless otherwise requested by the practitioner or your medical professional for 24 to 48 hours beforehand
- Medications should not be stopped unless health care provider instructions say otherwise.
- Full client and phlebotomist instructions can be found here. Copies are included with the kit please ensure they are followed by both parties.
- FDX does not take responsibility for any errors or misconceptions
- Blood draw is through Venipuncture through qualified phlebotomists or venipuncturist.
- The cost of the draw and spin is payable directly to the draw centre and is not included in the cost of the FDX report and panel.
- Blood should be drawn, and tubes filled in a specific order (see the phlebotomy instructions).
- Blood volume drawn is around 40mls
- Blood MUST be centrifuged (see instructions), for more information on centrifuging see here
- On completion of the test it is essential for the requisition form to be returned in the completed blood draw kit. Failure to return this will cause £25 admin fee to be levied.
- If the blood draw centre has no prior arrangements in place with FDX for courier collection then the completed kit must be closed and labelled as per the instruction included (also see here) and taken to a post office for return using the enclosed label.
- It is the responsibility of the returning party to ensure the opening hours and facilities of their post office. * FDX takes no responsibility for courier delays or issues and any consequential loss.
- Should the client wish to be covered against such instances that cause the draw to be invalidated then we advise they purchase a Royal Mail special delivery service at their local post office for a 9am or by 12pm delivery the next day and they can ensure they are covered for any losses directly with the post office.
- Note: please check with FunctionalDX and your practitioner if there are restrictions in place due to known service outages or health issues e.g. Covid-19
Only your practitioner can order the test for you and will need the following information
- Your full name this must be the same name to be used on the blood tube
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
- Your address
- Your email
All shipping instructions are available in your kit box. Please read the instructions on it.
If your draw centre does not have a prior arrangement for a courier collection arranged through FunctionalDX, then the returned kits need to be taken to a post office and returned using the labels provided.
Please refer back to your practitioner regarding any changes or refunds as FunctionalDX do not deal with any refunds.
Please note there is a 90-day limit on getting a blood test completed before the test becomes void.
- Please see our list of blood draw locations (here)
- They must be able to centrifuge the samples
- If you require mobile phlebotomy services to draw at your home or office, we can assist in finding a mobile phlebotomist.
- We do rely on feedback about sites and phlebotomists and please note that FunctionalDX does not have any relationship with the draw sites and does not undertake any responsibility for any issues arising whatsoever
Yes, but you will need to arrange for a venous blood draw and centrifuge “spin” in your country.
There are cost of shipping blood kits to you and the courier fees back again.
Please be aware that not all countries allow blood samples to be shipped by air. Please double check with your export system.